Wednesday 7 December 2011

N°297 : Leica M8 for Infrared Combo


Leica M8 for Infrared Combo
Originally uploaded by ishoothorizon



The main problem with infrared photography is that the wellknown R72 filter is damned dark. I bought this filter thinking is was an easy way on my DSLR. But I was wrong, in broad daylight there is nothing to see... So puzzeling around in my photogear I made this combo : Leica M8, an Nikon F-mount adapter to LTM and for the lens a Nikon Serie E 28mm, 1 : 2.8. The rangefinder can be used and everything is clear! The lens is not the fastest but it works very well and it has the "red dot" needed for actual infrared focussing.

Here the link to an example.

www.flickr.com/photos/ishoothorizon/5984365340/

The sensor is not to bad to infrared, some postprocessing is needed.

ishoothorizon.blogspot.com/

No comments: